- General Issues. Rough Castle Experiences Events are operated by Rough Castle Experiences Limited. These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of Events and related services from our any of our temporary or permanent sites in Scotland. They contain important information concerning participation by you and members of your party and, accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that you shall ensure that all members of your party are aware of and accept these Booking Terms and Conditions. No variation to these Booking Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Rough Castle Experiences. Any typographical clerical or other error or omission in any booking confirmation or other documentation issued by Rough Castle Experiences (including any electronic documentation) shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Rough Castle Experiences. Rough Castle Experiences reserves the right to make changes to the Events whether to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or otherwise.
- Safety. Even though Rough Castle Experiences carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker.Rough Castle Experiences reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Events or to remove a participant from the Events should it deem it necessary to do so. This includes a participant who does not comply with the safety rules and advice or who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.All participants must be reasonably fit and healthy. If you have any concerns we advise that you visit the site prior to your booking and speak to a member of the Rough Castle Experiences staff.Anyone who does not meet these requirements will not be allowed to undertake the Events. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party meet these requirements. If participants have medical concerns they are advised to consult their doctor in advance.All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants.Rough Castle Experiences shall be entitled to prevent any person from undertaking or completing the Events in the event it deems the behaviour of any participant unsuitable.
The Events will take place in most weather conditions. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any trip/activity due to inclement weather.
- Clothing. It shall be the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they are dressed appropriately and Rough Castle Experiences advises participants to wear clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Rough Castle Experiences will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of clothing or other personal items of persons resulting from participation in the Events.
- Cancellations. We regret that refunds cannot be given if you cancel (we organise guides and resources well in advance of each activity).Rough Castle Experiences shall be entitled to cancel your booking at any time. In the event that we decide to cancel your booking we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible. You shall be entitled to a full refund in the event of cancellation under this clause but no other compensation shall be payable. In the event that it proves necessary to close the Events for reasons beyond the control of Rough Castle Experiences and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the Events, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or in whole). In such circumstances Rough Castle Experiences may, but shall not be obliged to, offer alternative dates or times at reduced rates.
- Refunds and Amendments. Payments made by debit or credit card will be refunded to the same card or, if the card has subsequently expired, by cheque. Payments made by Gift Voucher will be refunded by the issuing of a replacement Gift Voucher to the same value. Where multiple forms of payment are used, Rough Castle Experiences reserves the right to refund any monies due on a refund or amendment by credit or cheque. If you cancel you will still have to pay and there are no refunds or exchanges, so the only way to get your money back is if you are covered by holiday insurance.If the activity is cancelled due to weather or logistics refunds may be available if there are no alternative dates available.
- Liabilities. Except as otherwise provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions Rough Castle Experiences shall not be responsible for the loss, or damage, of or to any property or to any person arising from the booking of or participation in the Events. Except as otherwise provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions any liability of Rough Castle Experiences shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to Rough Castle Experiences. Nothing contained in these Booking Terms and Conditions is intended to nor shall limit the liability of Rough Castle Experiences in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Rough Castle Experiences or of its employees, agents or contractors.
- Miscellaneous. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable. Nothing above shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any of these Booking Terms and Conditions. These Booking Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction. Rough Castle Experiences reserve the right to make alterations to website and other marketing media details, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.
- Privacy. Please see https://www.roughcastleexperiences.co.uk/privacy for Privacy information.
Rough Castle Experiences Limited
Registered in Scotland Company Number – SC534872